Friday, November 18, 2011

Poor Customer Service = Possible Business Venture For Me?

A while back I wrote a rave review about Clean B Detergent. I still feel it is the best detergent for cloth diapers out there, however there have been many issues with this company and shipping. I don't want to get into all of the details here, or bash another working mom, but suffice it to say that she has many, many unfulfilled orders, including mine.

That being said, obviously this detergent is no longer an option for me. I have tried several others out there...Rockin' Green, Charlie's Soap, Ruby Moon, Seventh Generation...you get the picture. RNG & Ruby Moon are decent brands, and the diapers do come out of the wash very clean and unstinky, but nothing leaves behind a nice, fresh scent quite like Clean B does.

So I did a little research, and as it turns out making your own detergent is not very difficult! There are some standard ingredients that you need to avoid for use with cloth diapers, and I'll have to play with the amount of fragrance I put into it, but I think I'm going to give it a shot! If it works out well, I may consider selling it - there is definitely a market for cloth diaper detergents! We'll see what happens when I get all of my ingredients together and start experimenting :)

No comments:

Post a Comment